KRKA WATERFALLS TOUR
Take a break from old monuments, museums, crowded towns and beaches. Explore peacefully, guided by the professional tour guide, the thousand-year-old monument of nature, Krka National Park. When you find yourself in the area of the Dalmatian karst, which gulps water in constant thirst due to its subterranean limestone structure, and you come across a spot where up to 500 thousand liters of water literally rumbles through in a second – it is, indeed, a sight resembling a miracle.”In every walk with Nature one receives far more than he seeks.” John Muir
- Skradinski Buk is the longest and most visited waterfall on the Krka River and one of the best known natural features in Croatia.
- The preserved water mills of the 19th century.
- The Krka hydroelectric plant, situated at Skradinski Buk in Krka National Park, is the oldest hydroelectric plant on alternating current in Croatia.
- Ethno Village in the Park received the prestigious Golden Flower of Europe (Entente Florale Europe) award in 2006, in a competition that included several thousand sites. The award is given by the European Association for Flowers and Landscape.
- Swimming in the pool after the Skradinski Buk waterfall is allowed
Our comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle will pick you up at the meeting point at 08:00 or earlier at the pre-arranged location and time. Accompanied by our professional, licensed English-speaking guide, our first stop – about an hour will be at the city of Skradin dates from the year 33 B.C. in the vicinity of the national park Krka Waterfalls. There we will take our boat cruise along the river to the entrance of the national park. During the guided tour you will have the opportunity to visit the small stone houses and watermills which are now transformed into many small ethnology museums with various exhibits. The walking trails, wooden bridges, and the stunning lookouts are the best way to experience this beautiful art of nature. After about hour and a half of pleasant walking, we will come at the end of our guided tour.You can have your lunch and You will have free time in the park to spend as you like. Enjoy swimming in the crystal clear water in the vicinity of the waterfalls. Arrival in Zadar at 16:30
Beside camera here are few items you may need to make your time on the excursion the best of all: Sportswear, bathing suite, suncream, sunglasses, towel, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, additional clothes for a change. After summer time or if the weather coast is predicting the cold weather, we recommend you to bring also a warm sweater and to wear closed comfortable shoes.
DEPARTURE FROM ZADAR: 08:00
ARRIVAL TO ZADAR: 16:30
PRICE UPON REQUEST
DISCOUNT: 7- 12 years – 50%, children up to 7 years – gratis
IN PRICE INCLUDED: entrance fee to NP Krka Waterfalls, professional tourist guide, Boat ride, transfer
Art & Nature Travel
Registered ID code: HR-AB-23-13010011032
Address: Street plemića Borelli 5, 23000 Zadar, Croatia
Phone: +385 91 32 79 777